Monday, May 23, 2011

Han Shik in Apkujeong

Chung Dam Gol (청담골)


There are times when you just want to eat some simple Korean food. What I enjoy about Korea is the variety of the types of restaurants in Seoul. One type of meal that I thoroughly enjoy is Han Shik (Korean Cuisine) - which usually includes a lot of ban-chan and various traditional dishes. This restaurant located in Apkujeong was a place that left a lasting impact on my taste buds. There wasn't any one thing that was super spectacular but the freshness of all of the dishes that came out made me a fan. I ate dinner with my cousins, and we shared an excellent dining experience. They bring a large square tray filled with a lot of banchan dishes, and we each ordered some fish and jji-gae (or Korean stew). I personally ordered the mackeral, and deonjang jjigae - a typical favorite of mine. The fish was grilled superbly and the stew was filled with generous chunks of mushrooms, tofu, and zucchini. I usually judge the quality of a restaurant based on their banchan, and I must say that based on that measurement, this place deserves 4 stars and 2 thumbs up. They have another location within Seoul, and I'm sure the level and quality of their other location is just as excellent.

Price: $$
Stars: 4 stars
Location: 609-6 Sinsa-dong, Gangnam-gu, Seoul South Korea 02-518-0450

No comments:

Post a Comment